Real Life Taxidermy
UWC OFFICIAL ENDORSED WATERFOWL TAXIDERMIST
REAL LIFE TAXIDERMY
“2007 Best in World Title”
TAXIDERMIST: JEFF BAKER
MORE INFO: CALL 712-330-1285
FEATURED WATERFOWL MOUNTS
ABOUT ARTISTIC COMPOSITIONS
Artistic Compositions originated from a true passion and appreciation for wildlife, and has evolved into one of the worlds largest waterfowl and upland bird taxidermy studios.
A continuous effort is being made to bring new and innovative ideas to enhance their quality and diversity. However, reasonable prices, efficient service, and a top of the line product is their trademark.
Traveling the world in search of all the different species of birds with other collectors is paving the way for a new alternative for wildfowlers. With the restrictions hunters face, many birds of the world are becoming protected due to habitat loss and poor management.
2018 PRICE LIST
Artistic Compositions is U.S.D.A. Approved Port of Entry Processing Facility, enabling you to send
your birds directly to our studio from any country in the world.
|Puddlers & Divers (Stand or Fly)||$350.00|
|King & Common Eiders||$550.00|
|Common and Surf Scoters||$375.00|
|Others: (Harlequins, Squaws, Goldeneyes, etc)||$325.00|
|Small Geese (Ross, Cacklers, Richardsons, Shellducks)||$425.00|
|Med. Geese (Snows, Blues, Specks, Lesser Canadas)||$475.00|
|Large Canadas (Big Canadas, Magellans, Ashyheads)||$750.00|
Crating and shipping will be a minimum of $65 per box for all standard waterfowl birds.
Contact Shane for an estimate if you are interested in the Habitat Scenes or Cases.
(Glass cases start @ $850 for a single bird and are quoted upon request for larger and custom jobs.)
The current timeframe turn-around for all birds is 8 to 12 months
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION
SHIPPING BIRDS TO US
If you would like to send us birds, please follow these procedures:
Ship Frozen Birds to: Artistic Compositions, 118 CO Rd 575, Bridgeport, AL 35740
- Please COMPLETELY fill out a bird tag (click here) and order form (click here) to send with your birds. It is important that these forms be filled out accurately and completely for processing.
- Call us to notify that you will be sending us your birds. Please try to ship on Mondays only, if at all possible.
- Remove bird from freezer and insulate with 3-4 inches of newspaper (leave in plastic bag). Purchase a cheap styrofoam cooler, and pack bird inside with more newspapers. Fit cooler into a cardboard box and tape shut. The outside of the box should be labeled in one of the corners stating contents. Example; 3 Mallard drakes 1 Pintail drake.
- Make sure each bird contained in the shipment has its own “ID” tag. An index card can be used for this purpose. USFWS REQUIRES THIS FOR POSSESSION AND SHIPMENT ACROSS STATE LINES. This info should state your name, street address, phone #, date collected, Where collected and your signature.
- We prefer shipment made via UPS, or FED-EX, we would prefer you NOT send birds via US post office. Next day air is recommended in the summer months and depending on your location nationally. If you are in AL, GA, TN, or MS, UPS ground is sufficient, packages sent on Monday, will be received Tuesday. Anywhere else, packages should be sent according to weather and location. Larger coolers should be used for multiple birds.
- For information on the import for birds from foreign countries, Argentina, New Zealand, ETC. notify us. We are an approved USDA establishment for shipping birds in from foreign countries.