Flyway Taxidermy is U.S.D.A. Approved Port of Entry Processing Facility, enabling you
to send your birds directly to our studio from any country in the world.
The current timeframe turn-around for all birds is a minimum of 12 months.
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION
SHIPPING BIRDS TO US
If you would like to send us birds, please follow these procedures:
Ship Frozen Birds to: Flyway Taxidermy, 25043 63rd Ave, Saint Cloud, MN 56301
- Please COMPLETELY fill out a bird tag for each bird, and order form to send with your specimens. It is important that these forms be filled out accurately and completely.
- Contact us prior to sending your specimens. Shipping on Mondays is the most desireable if at all possible.
- Remove bird from freezer and insulate with 3-4 inches of newspaper (leave in plastic bag). Purchase a cheap styrofoam cooler, and pack bird(s) inside with more newspapers. Fit cooler into a cardboard box and tape shut. The outside of the box should be labeled in one of the corners stating contents. Example; 3 Mallard drakes 1 Pintail drake.
- Make sure each bird contained in the shipment has its own “ID” tag. An index card can be used for this purpose. USFWS REQUIRES THIS FOR POSSESSION AND SHIPMENT ACROSS STATE LINES. This info should state your name, street address, phone #, date collected, Where collected and your signature.
- We prefer shipment made via UPS, or FED-EX. We would prefer you NOT send birds via US Post Office. 2 to 3 day shipping is recommended depending on your location nationally. Larger coolers should be used for multiple birds.
- For information on importing birds or any other questions please contact us.